Search Engine Optimization / SEO Services
Over the last 10 years we’ve learned to simplify SEO for our clients. We don’t ask for contracts and don’t bombard you with technical mumbo-jumbo.
Can SEO Services benefit your business?
SEO is not for everyone. But if you’re like Jenny, you might want to consider employing search engine optimization to drive traffic to your website. Read Jenny’s story and see if SEO fits your business.
How we help Jenny
- Run a technical audit of her site to see what needs to be done.
- Create a news sitemap.xml to make sure all of her posts are indexed.
- Setup AMP version of all of her articles.
- Schedule quarterly SEO audit with Jenny to make sure issues are fixed.
Fill out this form to tell us more about you. We’ll get back to you with a 30-minute call, no strings attached, actionable tips review.
Colleague & client testimonials
“...Alex’s eMS co-ordination skills were split between SEM and eMS at Critical Mass on a number of prime accounts. Alex never missed a deadline. While I can’t speak to eMS, I can speak his instant assimilation of paid search concepts, his ability to deliver and his cognizant transference of paid search data across to SEO teams on the Mercedes Benz, Hyatt hotels and Las Vegas Conference Visitors Authority (LVCVA) sites. His talents extend far beyond the basis of his resume...” Read the rest of Laura's testimonial.Laura Callow
“I worked briefly with Alex at Critical Mass, and was so impressed I've referred him to almost every client I've got. Alex is driven, passionate, talented and insightful. He's passionate about interactive marketing, and one of the most knowledgeable organic SEO experts this city's got...”. Read the rest of Heather's testimonial.Heather Stoutengurg
It was a pleasure to work with Alex because of his experience and customer-friendly approach. Alexander helped us to set up SEO process at RealtimeBoard. He is a proven expert in this field and it was great working together. Alex educated our team, showed helpful tools and resources, figured out what is the most valuable thing to focus on. We've doubled our search traffic in half a year. Hope to work together in future!Andrey Khusid
SEO Services FAQs
How will search engine optimization benefit my site?
Once the site is clean and healthy we ensure that it is well optimized for your target key phrases. In a lot of the cases our technical fixes in step 1 (above) will lead to higher rankings. However, this is not all we do. At this point we create a content strategy for your site to ensure that you’re creating or updating your pages with content that people look for and love. It’s up to you who you want to execute on that strategy – you or us.
We also create a link building strategy. It’s an easy to follow guideline document based on our audit of your website’s link inventory as well as the inventory of your competitors. It includes the types of links you should get and tactics to use to get those links. Again, at that point you will choose if you want to do it or if you want us to do it for you.
Once the improve the content and start getting some authoritative backlinks you will start seeing results or our efforts. At that point it’s a good idea to keep an eye on 1) traffic from organic search, 2) overall search engine visibility and 3) page specific keyword rankings. Again, you can use your tools or you can have us monitoring your SEO campaign.
What do you do to make my site rank?
Technical SEO deals with ensuring that your site can be easily accessed by search engine bots. Here we identify issues that might prevent bots from indexing. Once identified, we create a plan to fix those issues over a period of time.
Content optimization works with ensuring that you have unique, quality and relevant content on your website. Here we also look at how well your pages are optimized for target key phrases. We identify opportunities where 1) new content needs to be created, 2) if some pages need to be updated and 3) what can we do to make the pages rank better for its respective keywords.
Link building deal with build up the authority of your website. Gone are the days when quantity of “cheap” links mattered to search engines. Google, Bing and Yahoo are much more sophisticated these days and they can clearly see which links point to your site. If it’s low quality links, then you might get some SEO points off and even get penalized by drops in rankings. Working in this area, we analyze your current links inventory and identify possible issues. Here we also look at your competition and their link portfolios. As a result we build a strategy that will allow you to get relevant and authoritative links pointing to your site.
There’s a number of ways to make this process work for you company. So, let’s set up a call and discuss your particular case and how we can use quality search engine optimization to make your site rank higher.
How long does it take to see search engine optimization results?
Now, you probably want some estimates and rules of thumb. Here’s a few points on that. The answer depends on a number of things including your:
- Website: What your website is like at this point? Does it need a lot of work to make it rank? Are there technical issues that will prevent the site from ranking?
- Domain: What’s your domain history? Do you have any link / content penalties from search engines that could slow down the process? How old is the domain name? Has it always been under your business ownership? How authoritative is your domain in your search niche?
- Industry (search niche): How competitive is your search niche? How many companies are competing for the limited placement on the first page of Google?
- Competitor websites: How strong are the competitor sites and how long will it take to reach and outperform then? Do they have exceptional content? What about their links?
- Budget: What’s your budget like? The reason SEO takes time for many small business is that it’s often too expensive to resolve all site issues at once. So, many SEO agencies choose to spread the work over several months to make it more manageable for the client.
Now you know a few key elements that go into estimating a timeline. The actual timeline is much clearer after an SEO audit. Many of our clients started seeing the site on Page 1 of Google in 2-3 months. Then they started getting into top 3 results in 6 months.
Also, keep in mind, most SEO companies will try to lock you into a 12-month contract. It’s neither good or bad. This is industry-standard. However, we don’t like “locking people up”, so we choose to be flexible for our clients and go month to month. Let’s have a quick chat to discuss your particular case.
How do you measure my SEO results?
- Organic traffic from search engines. Does it go up or down comparing to previous periods? Are there trends?
- Number of search terms your site is ranking for. As your site grows and more pages are added or existing pages are optimized, your keyword inventory expands. We want to make sure it grows over time.
- Keyword rankings. Although many say that rankings are no longer a good measure of performance, we still monitor them to learn how search algorithms are changing. Keyword rankings are no longer effective as a single measure of site performance. However, if used in combination with other metrics measured here it does work well.
- Conversions from organic search. But most of all, we’re interested to see how many leads your business generates as a result of people finding you in organic search.
Depending on your business goals and specific campaign requirements we might measure other things. There listed above are some generic SEO metrics we use to measure our clients’ success.
Blog Posts on SEO
SEO WordPress spam comments & ways to fight them Alex Zagoumenov I love WordPress. I’ve built sites using wordpress and I do a lot of SEO work for clients based on WordPress websites. I’ve been getting regular questions about WordPress spam comments. So, I decided...
SEO On-page SEO Guide Alex Zagoumenov This is a practical on-page SEO guide. Here I’m talking about key on-page elements that contribute to page relevance for specific keywords. What makes it unique is the fact that I’m using real life examples of the site in the...
SOCIAL MEDIA PROCESS Setting up a Linkedin Company Page for Clients Alex Zagoumenov You offered a client to build a Linkedin Company Page. And the client agreed! However, you may realize that it’s not that straight forward to do it if you’re not your client’s employee...
SEO Does your website create duplicate content? Alex Zagoumenov Duplicate content is bad. Just like breaching copyright law or cheating at the university (plagiarizing your friend’s work). Google, in this case, the authority which will penalize your website for...
SEO URLs for better SEO Alex Zagoumenov URL construction is one of the most frequent things being overlooked in the website design process. Way too often I see URLs that are long, not descriptive and confusing to both people and search engines. Here’s an example of...
SEO Domain options for great SEO Alex Zagoumenov Domain is an important part of your overall SEO efforts. Good domains tend to get higher rankings in Google and Bing. Here I want to share a few things you want to keep in mind as it relates to having a strong domain...